Texas Scorecard Social Media Manager
Texas Scorecard exists to advance self-governance in the Lone Star State and beyond. An effective Social Media Manager will be a key driver in our mission to dominate the media in Texas and become a world-class model of purpose-driven journalism.
The Texas Scorecard Social Media Manager will be responsible for executing all internal social media marketing and communications via traditional and emerging social media channels, as well as occasional social media-based projects under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- A desire for the success of the Texas Scorecard’s mission
- A passion for public policy and an interest in serving fellow Texans
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Have thorough knowledge of traditional social media channels, as well as Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Possess the skills to work with supervising staff
- Highly organized and metric-oriented, with an eye for data analysis
- Oversee day-to-day management of individual media and campaigns to ensure brand consistency
- Partner with management to implement social media strategies on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Ensure brand consistency through tone, voice, and terminology of copy
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and narratives and communicate those to management to create new strategies, narratives, and content
- Create actionable plans to grow and maintain followers on traditional social media platforms
- Interact with customers via branded social media accounts to ensure a positive customer service experience
- Continual research and education on social media trends with an eye for communicating changes relevant to Texas Scorecard’s marketing directives
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
- Health/Vision/Dental benefits
- 401K plan
- Paid time off
To apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to jobs [@] TexasScorecard.com. Indicate the position your are applying for in the subject line of your email.
At Texas Scorecard, we will…
- Never take political actions personally, never make politics personal.
- Always be factual.
- Stay mission focused.
- Be citizen-driven.
- Be happy warriors.
- Act systemically and generationally.
- Be strategic and disciplined.