Here’s a look at the results of Plano’s May 4 municipal elections.
Plano City Council Results
Plano City Council Place 1:
Maria Tu won the vote with a landslide victory over Daniel Long and Bill Lisle for the open seat. Tu pulled in the largest amount of votes of any candidate in the election with a resounding 11,046 votes cast in her favor.
- Maria Tu: 11,046 – 54.60%
- Daniel Long: 7,767 – 37.90%
- Bill Lisle III: 1,519 – 7.51%
Plano City Council Place 3:
Incumbent Rick Grady defeats Colleen Aguilar-Epstein.
- Rick Grady: 10,603 – 53.55%
- Colleen Aguilar-Epstein: 9,199 – 46.45%
Plano City Council Place 5:
Incumbent Ron Kelley and Shelby Williams will be heading to a runoff. Kelley ran on the mayor’s slate, while Williams was the pro-taxpayer choice and was endorsed by Gov. Greg Abbott.
- Ron Kelley: 9,212 – 46.48%
- Shelby Williams: 8,707 – 43.93%
- Byron Abraham Bradford: 1,902 – 9.60%
Plano City Council Place 7:
Pro-taxpayer choice and Gov. Greg Abbott-endorsed Lily Bao had a huge victory in the first round over mayor-favorite Ann Bacchus. Bacchus repeated an only slightly improved performance compared to her loss back in 2017 against pro-taxpayer choice Anthony Ricciardelli. Bao and Bacchus will be heading to a runoff. Bacchus has taken a large amount of donations from out-of-city developers through the We Love Plano PAC. Bacchus donors will need to decide if they want to cut their losses on this race or double down on what looks like a shaky candidate. Bacchus was the worst performer of Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere’s pro-developer slate, pulling in the lowest amount of total votes.
- Lily Bao: 9,906 – 47.36%
- Ann Bacchus: 7,548 – 36.09%
- LaShon Ross: 3,461 – 16.55%
Plano ISD Results
Plano ISD Place 4:
Plano Citizens Coalition PAC and DFW PAC-endorsed Heather Wang won the vote with an absolute landslide victory over her opponents.
- Heather Wang: 11,607 – 52.54%
- Katherine Goodwin: 6,016 – 27.23%
- Lisa Kolodny: 4,470 – 20.23%
Plano ISD Place 5:
Incumbent David Stolle defeats Semida Voicu.
- David Stolle: 13,314 – 63.81%
- Semida Voicu: 7,552 – 36.19%
Plano ISD Place 6:
Incumbent Jeri Chambers defeats Greyson M. Dunn.
- Jeri Chambers: 13,196 – 73.78%
- Greyson M. Dunn: 4,690 – 26.22%
Plano ISD Place 7:
Plano Citizens Coalition PAC and DFW PAC-endorsed Cody Weaver had a huge victory over opponents Dylan Rafaty and Khalid Ishaq.
- Cody Weaver: 10.339 – 48.86%
- Khalid Ishaq: 6,248 – 29.53%
- Dylan Rafaty: 4,574 – 21.62%
The runoff election for Plano City Council Place 5 and Place 7 will take place on June 8, 2019.