Each week, Texas Scorecard Managing Editor Brandon Waltens visits with special guests and Texas Scorecard reporters, taking a look at the stories that are making headlines.
- Brandon spent Thursday at the Texas Capitol speaking with folks about the numerous priority bills scheduled for a hearing.
- Taxpayer-funded lobbying: Last session, the bill was ultimately voted down. This year, supporters are hopeful for a different outcome.
- Constitutional Carry: The Republican Party of Texas and gun owners across Texas have been advocating constitutional carry for more than a decade.
- Children and Gender Modification: State lawmakers are currently considering a proposed law to classify the permanently scarring procedures as child abuse.
- Election Integrity: Chairman Briscoe Cain said the Elections Committee will hear House Bill 6 again “soon.”
- Religious Liberty: The proposed law would protect churches from government officials’ shutdown orders.