More Lawmakers Announce They Are Not Seeking Re-election
- Currently, 28 lawmakers are not seeking re-election to their current positions.
- 24 in Texas House of Representatives (13 Republicans and 11 Democrats)
- 4 in Texas Senate (3 Republicans and 1 Democrat)
- Freshman Democrat State Rep. Jasmine Crockett (Dallas) announced she will be running for Texas Congressional District 30 to fill the seat being vacated by longtime Democrat Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson.
- Republican State Rep. Matt Krause (Haslet) announced he was suspending his campaign for Texas attorney general. Instead, he is running for Tarrant County district attorney.
- Longtime East Texas Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert made his candidacy for Texas attorney general official last week, joining the already crowded Republican field of those challenging Republican incumbent Ken Paxton.
- Notably, Republican State Sen. Bryan Hughes (Mineola) and Republican State Rep. Matt Schaefer (Tyler) have already announced re-election intentions for their current positions.
List of Lawmakers Supporting a Fourth Special Legislative Session Continues to Grow
- Thus far, 24 Texas House and Texas Senate Republican lawmakers have publicly voiced support for a fourth special legislative session to address a prohibition on employer vaccine mandates.