U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on The Constitution, will later today chair a hearing to discuss how Antifa and what his office described as “other anti-American anarchists” engage in riots and violence.
According to a press release, the hearing participants will include:
- Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli
- U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas and co-head of the Department of Justice Task Force on Violent Anti-Government Extremists Erin Nealy Cox
- Journalist Andy Ngo
- Director and Senior Analyst for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism at the Center for Security Policy Kyle Shideler
- George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley
- Brennan Center Fellow Michael German
- President and CEO of the Urban League of Portland Nkenge Harmon Johnson
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30pm Central from the Dirksen Senate Building in Washington, DC. The hearing will be livestreamed at www.judiciary.senate.gov and on Sen. Cruz’s Facebook page.