Texas Scorecard, a leading news organization focused on covering government and culture in Texas, is seeking a journalist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a talented writer with a passion for reporting on the issues citizens care about, the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and a passion for promoting self-governance.
This is a full-time position located either in our Leander, TX office or remotely.
- A desire for the success of Texas Scorecard’s mission
- A passion for impacting culture and an interest in serving fellow Texans
- Possess the ability to learn and retain new skills quickly
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Be diligently organized and exhibit follow-through on tasks and goals
- Write daily news articles covering the issues effecting Texas’ citizens
- Conduct interviews with activists, elected officials, and other key players who drive the governmental and cultural conversations in Texas
- Generate story ideas and pitch them to the Managing Editor for consideration
- Attend events and press conferences as needed to gather news
To apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to jobs [@] TexasScorecard.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
At Texas Scorecard, we will…
- Never take political actions personally, never make politics personal.
- Always be factual.
- Stay mission focused.
- Be citizen-driven.
- Be happy warriors.
- Act systemically and generationally.
- Be strategic and disciplined.