Board members for Ector County’s hospital district and community college will be decided on by Odessans this weekend, with five residents vying for trustee positions on the Medical Center Hospital and Odessa College boards.
Polls open this Saturday, May 4, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at a variety of locations across the county including: Chapel Hill Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, First Church of the Nazarene, MCH Primary Care – West, Odessa Christian Faith Center 180 Youth Building, Odessa College Sports Center, PAL Center, and Westlake Hardware.
The five Odessans competing for a place on the hospital and college boards include:
- Ector County Hospital District, District 6
- Mary Thompson*
- Wallace Dunn
- Odessa College Board of Trustees, Place 9
- Robert Brescia
- Laci Harris
- Tommy J. Clark*
Each of the candidates participated in a recent forum hosted by the Ector County Republican Party. A summary of the event can be viewed in a Texas Scorecard article titled “Ector County GOP Hosts Candidate Forum” by clicking here.
The ballot also features several uncontested seats for Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees, the hospital district, and Odessa College:
- ECISD Trustee, Position 1: Carol Gregg
- ECISD Trustee, Position 3: Donna C. Smith
- ECISD Trustee, Position 6: Tammy Hawkins
- ECHD Board Member, District 2: Mary Ann Anderson
- ECHD Board Member, District 4: David Dunn
- OC Board Member, Place 3: Royce Bodiford
- OC Board Member, Place 6: Neil Grape
Early voting, which ended April 30, only generated a turnout of 270 votes, showcasing the impact each voter can make this Saturday at the polls.
For more information about polling locations, times, and sample ballots, visit the Ector County website.