Grassroots Organizations File Suit
- Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom (TURF), Grassroots America – We The People (GAWTP), and the True Texas Project (TTP) filed a lawsuit against the Texas Secretary of State regarding the language used for the recently passed Proposition 2 on the November 2, 2021, ballot.
- They allege that the language was substantially misleading due to the removal of the phrase “ad valorem tax increases.”
- Proposition 2 passed 63 percent to 37 percent.
5th Circuit Stays Vaccine Mandate Order
- The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals temporarily put a stay on the Biden administration’s COVID-19 employer vaccine mandate being implemented via a rule by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which requires employers with 100 or more employees to require they receive the COVID-19 vaccination or implement weekly testing.
- The court cited “grave statutory and constitutional issues” with the mandate.
List Grows for Non-returning Lawmakers
- Currently, 21 lawmakers have announced they will not be seeking re-election to their current positions.
- 17 from Texas House of Representatives
- 4 from Texas Senate