What Was Left on the Table?
- The second called special legislative session concluded with mixed results.
- There were no penalties for those who broke quorum.
- There were no changes to what constitutes a legislative quorum.
- There was no tangible property tax relief. Even though Republican lawmakers are communicating they did provide significant relief, the truth is that it is only for select classes of people, and their relief is a shifted burden for other Texans.
- There was no mask mandate prevention for public schools.
- It has long been assumed that another special legislative session will take place in October, for at least the delayed redistricting process.
- It is unclear what other issues might be added to that special session agenda, if any.
- The specific dates of that special session have not yet been made public.
Conservative Leaders Gala
- Nominate a citizen-leader for the 2021 Texas Conservative Leader Awards.
- Purchase tickets for the 2021 Texas Conservative Leader Awards.