Texas Heartbeat Act
- The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments in the two legal cases filed against the Texas Heartbeat Act.
- One legal case is brought by the federal government.
- The other case is brought by abortion providers.
- It’s likely a ruling will not be immediate in the case.
- The third called special legislative session concluded with a few things left undone. One of those things includes prohibiting employer vaccine mandates.
- Election day is Tuesday, November 2, for eight ballot propositions to amend the Texas Constitution.
- Most controversial propositions seems to be Proposition 2.
- Texas GOP came out in opposition to the ballot proposition.
Non-Returning Lawmakers List Grows
- Currently, 18 lawmakers have announced they will not be seeking re-election to their current positions.
- Fifteen of these lawmakers are from the Texas House of Representatives.
- Three of these lawmakers are from the Texas Senate.