In the aftermath of Beto-mania, Gov. Abbott, Lt. Gov. Patrick, and Speaker Bonnen apparently set out to “do no harm.” For conservatives in Texas who expected more, they presided over a do-nothing session—that’s unless you count odd maneuvers on property taxes no one can figure out, and making Texas safe for lemonade stands and chicken sandwiches.
The problem is, by moving left to pacify Democrats, the Big Three alienated their own base. Their grassroots supporters and Republicans across Texas are disheartened. And that’s not good leading up to what might be one of the most important elections in history.
Texas is now a Purple State. To turn it Royal Blue, Democrats plan to inspire, excite and ignite Democratic voters. What’s our plan? It’s evident Republican leaders don’t have one that inspires confidence in their grassroots supporters.
Enter the Lone Star Agenda, a common sense plan to unite Texas Republicans and keep Texas Red. The Lone Star Agenda gives the Big Three a legislative package that will inspire, excite and ignite the base. A movement is building—over 150 grassroots leaders and nearly every conservative organization in Texas—want to unite with the Big Three to Save Texas in 2020.
Join the movement—here are the principles and specific actions every common sense Texan believes are needed to Save Texas!
𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗥𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗟𝗶𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝙒𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛-𝙙𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨:
1. Allow families to make mental and physical health decisions for themselves.
2. Stop wrongful removal of children from families by restoring due process rights for parents.
3. Stop local ordinances that interfere in private employer-employee relationships.
4. Increase protections for unborn Texans.
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗚𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝙒𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙚:
5. Improve election integrity (paper ballot backup audit trail; citizenship verification).
6. End taxpayer funded lobbying.
7. End union dues withholding from public sector paychecks.
8. Protect Texas monuments.
𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆
𝙒𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙚𝙭𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙞𝙣𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚:
9. Secure the southern border (interior enforcement to end the “magnet” effect).
10. Stop human trafficking.
11. Protect the rights of Texans to bear arms.
The Lone Star Agenda is designed to UNITE all Republicans with our Republican leaders to Save Texas in 2020—and as a result, Save America!
This is a commentary submitted and published with the author’s permission. If you wish to submit a commentary to Texas Scorecard, please submit your article to [email protected].